Friday, November 8, 2013

#5. CBS application mobile experience.

I don’t really watch too much tv, the only two TV shows that I like to watch on a regular basis are big bang theory and how I met your mother, both of them are produced by CBS. But with my daily routine where I have to do homework, and my full time job, watching those series in the hours where they are transmitted is most of the times impossible to me.

I know that I can pay for the TV shows, but to be honest, even though I enjoy them, it is not worth it to spend that money on the shows, at least not for now that I have other priorities on my list. I found that CBS has an application for the iPhone and the iPad, which I use some times to watch the shows but this app has a lot failures and In my opinion the user experience that provides is not good enough.

First in the mobile application they transmit the episodes 8 days after the air date, but they have them the next day on the CBS website; I really don’t understand why they don’t do the same for the mobile app.
Second, the closed caption is never synchronized with the video and the font is pretty small, which for me sometimes is annoying, they have a feature that simply doesn’t work. 

Third, reliability, with the new version on the IOS 7 the application had many crashes, the screen got freezed and it was very difficult to watch an episode, but later with the updates they improved a little bit this part.


Finally I think they can improve the user interface, in the home screen they display a long list with some shows, I think the content could be better distributed in the home screen, my suggestion is if they want to keep that list on the home screen they could add a search field in order to facilitate the search of the shows. As well, they definitely need to improve the closed caption option and transmit the show next day after the aired day just like in the website, and improve the quality of the video transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment