Sunday, September 29, 2013

#2 File synchronization!

I have realized that with the increasing number of devices that one person can use in the daily routine (in my case I have an iPhone, android Phone, iPad, and MacBook Pro), this kind of file synchronization applications (dropbox, google docs, etc) are very convenient an useful tool for users who need access to their documents.

I used Dropbox and for example for my classes in the university I have the e-books, and when I am sitting in my desk I can open my e-books and read them from my laptop, make the corresponding comments and notes, but if I have to travel or I am somewhere else where I don’t have my laptop but I have my iPad I can continue reviewing my documents and edit them without the worries of carrying the files in an external device (e.g. a usb stick).
In addition, even if don’t have any of my devices, I can access those document through a web browser in other computers. I think that the flexibility that this application provides really improves my user experience because allow me to access my documents no matter which device I am using or where I am.

The user interface varies depending on the access point, this means, from my laptop it just look like any other regular folder, where I can create, modify and delete documents, folders, subfolders, just like in any other location of my computer making it a seamless experience. For the iPhone, iPad and web browser, it provides different applications designed for each type of device.

The space provided by the free version can be not enough, only 2GB for most of the users, but because In my case I got 50GB for free then I have no complains about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment